An all-practical guide to the cryptography behind common tools and protocols that will help you make excellent security choices for your systems and applications.
In Real-World Cryptography, you will find:
- Best practices for using cryptography
- Diagrams and explanations of cryptographic algorithms
- Implementing digital signatures and zero-knowledge proofs
- Specialized hardware for attacks and highly adversarial environments
- Identifying and fixing bad practices
- Choosing the right cryptographic tool for any problem
Real-World Cryptography reveals the cryptographic techniques that drive the security of web APIs, registering and logging in users, and even the blockchain. You’ll learn how these techniques power modern security, and how to apply them to your own projects. Alongside modern methods, the book also anticipates the future of cryptography, diving into emerging and cutting-edge advances such as cryptocurrencies, and post-quantum cryptography. All techniques are fully illustrated with diagrams and examples so you can easily see how to put them into practice.