ASP.NET Core 5 and React - Second Edition
Build fully functional, cloud-ready, and professional web applications using the latest features in the .NET 5 framework and React.js with Microsoft Azure
- Explore the new features of .NET 5 with this updated edition of ASP.NET Core 5 and React
- Discover strategies for adopting a full-stack development approach, clean architecture techniques, and development best practices
- Learn how to manage data, design and package applications, and secure your web apps
Microsoft's .NET framework is a robust server-side framework, now even more powerful thanks to the recent unification of the Microsoft ecosystem with the .NET 5 framework. This updated second edition addresses these changes in the .NET framework and the latest release of React.
The book starts by taking you through React and TypeScript components for building an intuitive single-page application and then shows you how to design scalable REST APIs that can integrate with a React-based frontend. Next, you'll get to grips with the latest features, popular patterns, and tools available in the React ecosystem, including function-based components, React Router, and Redux. As you progress through the chapters, you'll learn how to use React with TypeScript to make the frontend robust and maintainable and cover key ASP.NET 5 features such as API controllers, attribute routing, and model binding to build a sturdy backend. In addition to this, you'll explore API security with ASP.NET 5 identity and authorization policies and write reliable unit tests using both .NET and React, before deploying your app on Azure.
What you will learn
- Build RESTful APIs with .NET 5 using API controllers
- Secure REST APIs with identity and authorization policies
- Create strongly typed, interactive, and function-based React components using Hooks
- Understand how to style React components using Emotion.js
- Perform client-side state management with Redux
- Run a range of automated tests on the frontend and backend
- Implement continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes in Azure using Azure DevOps
Who this book is for
If you're a web developer looking to get up to speed with full-stack web application development with .NET Core and React, this book is for you. Although the book does not assume any knowledge of React, a basic understanding of .NET Core will help you to get to grips with the concepts covered.