PostgreSQL 10 Administration Cookbook
A practical guide to administer, monitor and replicate your PostgreSQL 10 database
About This Book
- Get to grips with the capabilities of PostgreSQL 10 to administer your database more efficiently
- Monitor, tune, secure and protect your database for optimal performance
- A step-by-step, recipe-based guide to help you tackle any problem in PostgreSQL 10 administration with ease
Who This Book Is For
This book is for database administrators, data architects, developers, or anyone with an interest in planning for, or running, live production databases using PostgreSQL. It is most suited to those looking for hands-on solutions to any problem associated with PostgreSQL administration.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the newly released PostgreSQL 10 features to improve database performance and reliability
- Manage open source PostgreSQL versions 10 on various platforms.
- Explore best practices for planning and designing live databases
- Select and implement robust backup and recovery techniques in PostgreSQL 10
- Explore concise and clear guidance on replication and high availability
- Discover advanced technical tips for experienced users
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source database management system with an enviable reputation for high performance and stability. With many new features in its arsenal, PostgreSQL 10 allows users to scale up their PostgreSQL infrastructure. This book takes a step-by-step, recipe-based approach to effective PostgreSQL administration.
Throughout this book, you will be introduced to these new features such as logical replication, native table partitioning, additional query parallelism, and much more. You will learn how to tackle a variety of problems that are basically the pain points for any database administrator - from creating tables to managing views, from improving performance to securing your database. More importantly, the book pays special attention to topics such as monitoring roles, backup, and recovery of your PostgreSQL 10 database, ensuring high availability, concurrency, and replication.
By the end of this book, you will know everything you need to know to be the go-to PostgreSQL expert in your organization.
Style and approach
The book is a step by step guide with example-driven recipes, focused on the new features of the latest PostgreSQL version10. This book will serve as a specific guide to understand and leverage useful PostgreSQL functionalities to create better and more efficient databases.
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.