Automate Everyday Tasks in Jira
Learn how to automate tasks and create rules in Jira with the help of different use cases
- Automate daily repetitive and tedious tasks without coding experience
- Discover how to automate processes in the Jira family including Jira software, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core
- Explore different use cases to understand automation features in Jira
Atlassian Jira makes it easier to track the progress of your projects, but it can lead to repetitive and time-consuming tasks for teams. No-code automation will enable you to increase productivity by automating these tasks. Automate Everyday Tasks in Jira provides a hands-on approach to implementation and associated methodologies that will have you up and running and productive in no time.
You will start by learning how automation in Jira works, along with discovering best practices for writing automation rules. Then you'll be introduced to the building blocks of automation, including triggers, conditions, and actions, before moving on to advanced rule-related techniques. After you've become familiar with the techniques, you'll find out how to integrate with external tools, such as GitHub, Slack, and Microsoft Teams, all without writing a single line of code. Toward the end, you'll also be able to employ advanced rules to create custom notifications and integrate with external systems.
By the end of this Jira book, you'll have gained a thorough understanding of automation rules and learned how to use them to automate everyday tasks in Jira without using any code.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic concepts of automation such as triggers, conditions, and actions
- Find out how to use if–then scenarios and conditions to automate your processes with practical examples
- Use smart values to achieve complex and more powerful automation
- Implement use cases in a practical way, including automation with Slack, Microsoft Teams, GitHub, and Bitbucket
- Discover best practices for writing and maintaining automation rules
- Explore techniques for debugging rules and solving common issues
Who this book is for
This book is for Jira administrators and project managers who want to learn about automation capabilities provided in Jira. Familiarity with Jira and working knowledge of workflows and project configurations is required.