Learning Java (2018)
Java is one of the top five programming languages, and is used for websites, embedded controllers, and Android app development. This is an introduction to get you started programming with Java 9-and the newly introduced JShell. Instructor Kathryn Hodge covers all the basics: data types, strings, arrays, loops, and functions. She helps you control the flow and logic of your code, and debug your project to make sure it runs perfectly. Then go a bit beyond the basics and learn advanced techniques such as encapsulation, inheritance, functional programming, and lambdas. Kathryn introduces challenges along the way to practice your new skills. This three-hour course is perfect for developers who need to get up to speed with Java fast, as well as for beginning programmers who want their first taste of this popular language.
- Downloading Java 9 and choosing an IDE
- Understanding Java basics: data types, strings, arrays, and more
- Controlling flow with functions and loops
- Working with inheritance and interfaces
- Learning lambda
- 英文名称：Learning Java (2018)
- What you should know
- Using exercise files
- What is Java and what is an IDE?
- Downloading Java 9 and an IDE
- Exploring JShell
- Exploring an IDE
- Hello World in Java
- How do we create code?
- Variables and data types
- User-defined functions and the this keyword
- Using the Scanner for input
- Using call by value vs. call by reference
- Exploring documentation
- Challenge: Create a Blueprint and an Instance
- Solution: Create a Blueprint and an Instance
- Mapping out program control flow
- Decision-making with IF
- Comparing loops
- Using libraries for extra functionality
- Debugging with print statements
- Debugging with an IDE
- Challenge: Dice Roll
- Solution: Dice Roll
- What is object-oriented programming?
- What is encapsulation?
- Working with inheritance
- Functional programming
- Learning lambda
- Next steps