Communicating effectively isn't an innate talent that some people have and others don't—it's something that anyone can learn and practice. In this course, learn strategies that can help you hone and master your interpersonal communication skills. Join personal branding and career expert Dorie Clark as she shares techniques for getting your message across effectively in the workplace, and explains how to tackle potential communication challenges with your colleagues and supervisor. She also discusses how to grapple with tricky situations, taking you through how to handle interruptions, respond to critical feedback, and communicate across cultures.
- Determine the most appropriate form of communication in a business situation.
- Identify instances in which one mode of communication is preferable to another mode.
- Explain the process involved in interpreting nonverbal cues.
- Define terminology relating to interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish between various communication approaches with individuals from other cultures.
- Describe the factors that underlie interruptions during business meetings.
- Examine the most appropriate ways to accept criticism.
- 英文名称：Interpersonal communication
- Interpersonal communication
- What you should know
- How to make requests effectively
- When to use the phone or send an email
- How to interpret nonverbal cues
- How to manage expectations
- Get the guidance you need
- Ask your boss the right questions
- Know when to listen and when to speak
- Communication and cultural differences
- How to handle an interruption
- How to respond to critical feedback
- How to communicate as an introvert
- Investing in communication skills