Critical thinking is the ability to think reflectively and independently in order to make thoughtful decisions. By focusing on root-cause issues critical thinking helps you avoid future problems that can result from your actions. In this course, leadership trainer and expert Mike Figliuolo outlines a series of techniques to help you develop your critical thinking skills. He reveals how to define the problem you're trying to solve and then provides a number of critical thinking tools such as blowing up the business, asking the 5 whys and the 7 so whats, exploring the 80/20 rule, and more. He also provides guidance on how to develop this skill across your whole team.
- Identify how to break down complicated issues into smaller components.
- Determine the definition of an effective problem statement.
- Identify the primary benefit of focusing questions.
- Identify a problem's root causes.
- Apply critical thinking tools to analyze and unpack consequences.
- Recognize how to prepare others to think critically.
- 英文名称：Critical Thinking
- Welcome to critical thinking
- The importance of critical thinking
- Distinguish causes vs. consequences
- Break big problems into small ones
- Define the problem statement
- Understand the real question
- Ask focusing questions
- Examine past efforts
- Use new lenses to think critically
- How to find root causes
- Challenge how the business operates
- Use the five whys of critical thinking
- Answer the seven so-whats?
- Use the 80/20 rule to think critically
- How to successfully conduct analysis
- Consider the implications of answers
- Teach others how to think critically
- Common pitfalls when solving problems
- Apply critical thinking every day