Learn how to communicate more effectively. Your communication skills affect your career prospects, the value you bring to your company, and the likelihood of your promotion. This course helps you communicate better in a variety of professional situations, including meetings, email messages, pitches, and presentations. Instructors Tatiana Kolovou and Brenda Bailey-Hughes introduce the four building blocks of communication—people, message, context, and listening—and show how they apply in different circumstances. Through the use of vignettes and applied tools, the course shows how to build this core competency and communicate in a way that effectively and professionally conveys your message.
讲师Tatiana Kolovou和Brenda Bailey-Hughes介绍了交流的四个基本要素-人，消息，上下文和倾听-并说明了它们在不同情况下的应用。
- Recall the four pillars of a business scenario.
- Explore the term 'people' in the context of a communication scenario.
- Recall how the Think, Feel, Do model applies to a communication scenario.
- Identify the parts of the message in a communication scenario.
- Recognize the 'channel' in a communication scenario.
- Apply the importance of context in a communication event.
- Review the most important components of listening.
- 英文名称：Communication Foundations
- Foundations of communication
- Getting the most from this course
- The four building blocks: People
- The four building blocks: Message
- The four building blocks: Context
- The four building blocks: Listening
- When you socialize in professional settings
- Toolkit: Social settings
- When you run meetings
- Toolkit: Meetings
- When you send emails
- Toolkit: Email
- When you are explaining
- Toolkit: Explanations
- When you’re advising senior staff
- Toolkit: Advise
- When you pitch ideas
- Toolkit: Pitch new ideas
- When you're asking for something
- Toolkit: Making an ask
- When you're caught off guard
- Toolkit: When you're caught off guard
- When you're criticized
- Toolki: Criticism at work
- When you are presenting up
- Toolkit: Presenting up
- Practicing your communication every day