Jonah Berger on Viral Marketing
Why do some ideas spread while others fade away? Jonah Berger, PhD, professor of marketing at the Wharton School and author of the best-selling book Contagious: Why Things Catch On, reveals the secrets behind the science of social transmission. Discover what leads people to share content online and off, including social currency, triggers, emotion, public use, practical value, and storytelling. Learn what separates the best brands and stories from the rest in this example-rich course.
- Summarize the advantages of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Identify the six STEPPS to getting people to share.
- Explain the effects of a trigger.
- Describe the function of social proof.
- Recall the most effective strategies for spreading a marketing message.
- Recognize two components in a story meant to help spread a business message.
- 英文名称：Jonah Berger on Viral Marketing
- The power of viral marketing
- Word-of-mouth marketing
- Having an online and offline strategy
- Six STEPPS to getting people to share
- Making people look good
- Making people feel like insiders
- Showing your inner remarkability
- Reminding people with triggers
- Finding your product's trigger
- Getting people to care with emotion
- Focusing on high-arousal feelings
- Making things easier to see and imitate
- Making the private public
- Crafting useful and helpful content
- Highlight value through the rule of 100
- Telling stories that carry your message
- Building the narrative
- Combining the six STEPPS